Friday, July 26, 2019

Bohol Bee Farm Ice Cream - A must try in Bohol



I have always heard of Bohol as a tourist destination but I didn’t expect much of it because Boracay had always been on the forefront of the tourist spots. But I think I like the more laid back vibe of Bohol. Though it is teeming with tourists, there are still gems here that I discovered, places that would make me want to return here again.


One of these is the Bohol Bee Farm where we had one of the best ice cream I ever had. Located in Barangay Dauis in Bohol, it is at the heart of a big property where there is a small lodging house and restaurant. The big attraction here is the small ice cream stall with different flavors to choose from.



They have a myriad of flavors but I chose my favorite ube and melon in a cone. It tastes different from the store bought ice cream.  It had a creamy texture to it and not so sweet. It captured an authentic flavor that may be wanting in the commercial ones. The ube ice cream had a lighter color to it unlike the deep purple that we are used to in store bought ice cream while the melon flavor fully tasted like melon not just a tinge of it. It was like melted ice cold melon in a cone. 


Not content with producing quality ice cream, they also have a unique cone made of cassava that is crunchy and tasty and was a good complement to its ice cream. You just appreciate the effort and creativity they have put into their ice cream and ice cream cone. It was something special.


But other than this major branch in Barangay Dauis, I also liked their Buzz Cafe in Alona Beach. It had an overlooking view of the busy beach below, a respite from walking in the hot sun. We also had cassava chips with dips and of course, ice cream for snacks.



I also tasted their mango flavor which was also good but I just like the other flavors better. I forgot their avocado flavor was also as good, creamy and authentic.



I never thought that I would like Bohol this much but after witnessing the  aquamarine waters of Balicasag island and the calming seascape of Bohol Beach Club (BBC), I would want to come back here again but this time maybe longer than three days. By the way, I also loved BBC's Calamansi/Citrus Basil drink. The combination of calamansi with a hint of basil was refreshing, I ordered it all the time we were there. I would also definitely visit the Bohol Bee Farm again to relish their delightful creamy ice cream flavors. But in the meantime, onto other Philippine island adventures 😊 



No comments:

Post a Comment