Friday, September 17, 2021

Maha Food Hub: A taste of Pakistani-Indian food in Better Living, Paraňaque

 

I like to try different food but this pandemic have hindered me from visiting restaurants and discovering new food places. But I’m glad that I still discovered small food establishments like Maha Food Hub that’s noteworthy to write about especially when you want a taste of authentic Pakistani and Indian cuisine.

I have ordered here a few times now. It's a treat especially on a weekend when I like to relax and not cook but still enjoy a filling and flavorful meal. And one of my favorite dishes to order is Beef Biryani.

I like the multi-hued color of the biryani rice for this dish, a combination of white, yellow and red rice grains. I find the sprinkling of the red rice grains unique because most of the biryani rice I’ve tried are mostly on the yellow and orange hues. But aside from these colorful bits, it is the flavor of this Beef Biryani with distinct Indian spices and heat that is something to look forward to. The beef itself is tender, well-seasoned and had spices too like the rice. And to counteract the heat and bold spices, they had this cool, tasty yogurt sauce that complemented the warm, red-streaked rice and tender, spicy beef.

Another one of my favorites is their Butter Chicken Masala. In contrast to the spice and heat of the Biryani this one had milder flavors but still as sumptuous. I guess there’s a fair amount of butter here to bring down the strong spices but how they were able to combine the symphony of flavors to form a unique and tasty viand is quite good. That’s why we often order extra biryani rice when we order this dish too. You can't help but reach out for that extra rice.

They also have their kebabs but it is formed like hamburger patties which is a different take on the kebabs which is often elongated or tube-like in shape. The spices here were milder  but still as flavorful. But one thing unique about these kebabs aside from the shape was that it came with this jelly-like sauce like sort of strawberry jam in syrupy flavor in addition to their yogurt sauce. Its sweeter tone goes well with the peppery flavor of their yogurt sauce and the meaty flavor of the kebab.

Discovering new food places even during this pandemic is still possible especially if one is willing to get out of their comfort zone of flavors. I'm glad I discovered one that offered authentic Pakistani-Indian food like Maha Food Hub. With our access to the web, it's easy to discover places that can offer a variety of food choices and flavor profiles. One should just be willing to make the first step and order.

No comments:

Post a Comment