Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Harbor View Restaurant- Dining with an ocean view






I have been in this restaurant before and what I especially remember here is the view of the ocean while dining on their wooden deck. Its been a while since I last dined here and it seems that it has become more popular over the years gauging from the pictures of celebrities who has visited this place. Their pictures are strategically located near the entrance, you have to be blind to miss it.

Anyway, after marveling at the grandiose display of marine life in Manila Ocean Park, I tugged my husband to go to Harbor View. He was initially skeptical because he had more than his enough fill of swimming creatures to partake in any more seafood. But I assured him that he'd like this restaurant since he had never gone there before. Luckily, it wasn't full yet. And after perusing the menu, we ordered the sinigang na salmon sa miso and oyster rockefeller.

The sinigang na salmon sa miso was cooked the way sinigang ought to be cooked. Of course its just my opinion and yes, not everybody will like it. But for me a good sinigang should have the right sourness and a little heat as well. Its a good thing their sinigang had both these elements. The sourness was not overpowering, it was just right plus it also had the right amount of green chili to give it a hint of spice. And though the soup of the sinigang was good I was just a little disappointed with the content. The salmon strips inside the sinigang were a little less than I expected. It seems that there were more vegetables in it than salmon. Personally, it could not hurt to add a little more fish since it was supposed to be good for 3 people.
I also tried their oyster rockfeller. It was a house specialty and my husband claims that it was the best oyster rockefeller he's tasted so far. Bits of bacon, lots of cheese plus luscious strips of herbs topped the oyster when it was baked giving it a rich and tender mouthful. It was very tasty. And though I'm not a big fan of baked oysters ( I love my oysters soaked in vinegar with lots of chili and onions, yum!), it was a good complement to our sinigang dish. The richness of the oyster worked well with the sourness of the sinigang making me want to finish off that big bowl of rice.
Harbor View is a good place to bring friends and relatives from abroad or maybe just after visiting Manila Ocean Park. And even if its not aircoditioned, the sea breeze, the view of the ocean plus the good food more than makes up for it. Next time I go there, I'll be ordering the lobster.

No comments:

Post a Comment